There are hundreds of health and wellness influencers out there, and they are all trying to figure out how to reach your target audience. Content marketing is a great way to carve a niche for your brand. Unfortunately, it isn’t cut and dry. Content marketing can be frustrating when you aren’t seeing measurable results, and you aren’t sure if your efforts are worth it. They are! You just have to stay on target, use the right tone, and be sure that you are speaking to the appropriate audience.
Here are 4 ways to help your brand’s message break through:
4 ways moms use social media, and why you should care
Moms are constantly seeking advice and comparing their choices to those of other moms. Social Media provides the perfect platform for them to exchange this type of information. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter or any of the hundreds of other new social sites out there, moms are connecting at record rates.
80% of moms access social media sites to make their buying decisions. 70% of women make the healthcare decisions for their families. Combine those statistics, and it’s clear why Health Nutrition marketers should be targeting moms through social media.
Here are the 4 things you should know about what moms are doing online: Continue reading →
3 reasons simplifying your message can bolster your brand
It’s marketing 101: Find one unique selling point and commit to it. Keeping it simple makes sense for every brand, whether a large coffee chain or a major retailer. But it’s even more important for your Health Nutrition brand, and here’s why: Continue reading →
4 reasons why combining tactics could be a winning strategy
If you believe the hype, a multi-channel digital marketing strategy is all you need to reach your target audience and build a following. With all of the opportunities created by social media, websites, blogs and banners, why would anyone bother with traditional media anymore?
Because it still works!
Here are 4 reasons I strongly suggest that your brand include traditional media in your overall Health Nutrition Marketing mix: Continue reading →
5 steps to sampling your product like a pharma brand
Providing free samples to healthcare professionals is the single most effective marketing tactic of pharmaceutical brands, and they spend billions annually to do it. So, lately I’ve been wondering why more non-prescription health and wellness brands don’t employ the same practices. After all, nutritionists, dieticians and other alternative healthcare providers would be thrilled to offer samples of quality products to their clients, and unlike pharmaceutical brands, there are no legal limitations to how and how often health and wellness brands can sample. Continue reading →
It’s often been said that Women make more than 85% of all healthcare decisions. While this is true, and it warrants paying particularly close attention to that segment of your target market, you shouldn’t ignore the other 15% of your possible customer base.
3 ways to differentiate in an increasingly competitive landscape
Tell your story
Customers who buy health food and supplements, particularly those who buy organic, are interested in knowing who is making their products. If you are a small company, chances are you have a much more authentic story to tell than large retailers who buy from many different sources. Are you based on a family farm? Did you start on a shoestring budget with one mission in mind? Is your product named after your Grandmother? When you tell your story, you connect with your customers. And that’s something big box brands just can’t do. Continue reading →
Use your brand personality checklist to strengthen your social presence
Like people, all brands have a personality. Even if you have not purposely set out to create a personality, your brand will develop one over time. Smart marketers take the time to hone that personality in order to target the right customer base and create a stronger social presence. Continue reading →
It’s more important than ever for your health nutrition brand to be engaging in all media. The starting place, of course, is to have one, integrated marketing message that you can evolve in a million directions. But, once you’ve accomplished that, you’ve got to have a strategy for carrying that message into the social realm in an authentic way. The key is having a strong brand personality.
Your brand personality is a set of human-like qualities your customers can relate to. Like a friend, people will become attached to your brand because of its purpose, its values and the way it interacts with its community. Is your brand quirky? Is it funky? Does it represent athletes or a certain lifestyle or belief system? If so, people who are attracted to those qualities will adopt your brand and become its ambassadors.
Here are some ways to find your brand personality and start being a brand people can’t stop talking about: Continue reading →